The New and Prospective Horse Owner’s Learning Module is comprised of a series of lessons designed to introduce new and potential horse owners to the basic care and management of horses. Materials provided in these lessons will help individuals determine how interested they are in horses and to what extent they want to become involved. The sections within this lesson include:
- Horse Ownership Considerations
- Costs of Horse Ownership
- How to Feed a Horse
- How to Select the Right Horse
- How to Evaluate a Prospective Horse
- Determine your interest level as it relates to horse ownership.
- Understand the costs associated with owning a horse.
- Understand the principles of feeding management.
- Recognize the suitability of the horse and rider combination.
- Develop evaluation skills for selecting the right horse.
This course is displayed using the online course tool known as Moodle. You will need to create an account and register with Moodle to view and participate in this and other equine courses offered by eXtension.
Once you have completed this lesson, please take a few minutes to give us feedback about your learning experience in this short survey. Provide Feedback.
Want to Learn More?
- Take other Horse Learning Lessons.