Horse Adult Leader Training and Educational Resource (HALTER) Level Three provides learners with the opportunity to learn equine science material while adapting this knowledge for use in youth programs to foster positive youth development.
Once you have successfully completed the lesson, and their associated requirements, you will receive a certificate of completion.
HALTER Level Three Learning Objectives
Objectives of this lesson includes:
- Develop techniques for safe horse handling
- Learn basic horse care and management
- Identify and foster positive youth development using the horse as a learning tool
HALTER Level Three Requirements
A certificate of completion is awarded to learners who complete the following lesson sub-sections and achieve an 80% proficiency on each assessment/quiz.
- New and Prospective Horse Owners Need to Know….
- Body Condition Scoring
- Top Ten Coaching Tips for Youth Riders
This course is displayed using the online course tool known as Moodle. You will need to create an account and register with Moodle to view and participate in this and other equine courses offered by eXtension
If you have not already done so, after completion of HALTER Level 3, please provide feedback about your learning experience. Provide Feedback.