By understanding life from the horse’s point of view, you can learn to anticipate and safely react to your horse’s natural instincts.
This video demonstrates safe and proper methods for:
- Tying and
- General handling of horses.
This video program was a cooperative effort of equine and safety specialists from the University of Idaho, University of Nevada, Reno, and Washington State University. It is a must for riders, instructors, horse camp counselors and anyone involved with horses.
- Introduction and Senses of a Horse
- Flight Zone and Defense
- Approaching a Horse Safely
- Leading and Tying a Horse
- Proper Attire and Benefits of Safe Ground Handling
- American Association for Horsemanship Safety
- American Medical Equestrian Association
- Horsemanship Safety Association
- Washington State 4-H Youth Development