This video discusses how to determine the correct hoof shape when trimming your horse’s hooves.
This video is part of the 2008 Equestrian Academy Sessions made possible by University of Nebraska and Purina Mills. It is narrated by Nate Allen, of Allen Farrier Service-Juanita, NE and Central Community Technical College-Hastings NE. This video is made available to you through www.eXtension.org/horses.
You do not have the Flash plugin installed, which means you are missing out on great interactive content. Download Flash.
To download this video, right click on the link above and select “Save link as”
Interested in learning more?
- Introduction to Hoof Function and Terminology
- Anatomy of the Horse’s Hoof
- Physiology of the Horse’s Hoof
- Horse Hoof Trimming Principles
- Determining the Correct Horse Hoof Shape
- Trimming Unbalanced Horse Hooves
- Reasons to Shoe Your Horse
- Unbalanced Development as a Result of Shoeing
- Horse Hoof Bruising and Corrective Shoeing
- Corrective Shoeing for Horses and Conclusion