Why is good pasture important to horses? Well, because horses should consume at least 1-2% of their body weight each day in forage (hay or pasture). A 1000 lb horse will need from 1 – 3 acres to provide enough pasture to meet its total nutrient requirements.
Objectives of this lesson include:
- Learn about the different types of grasses in pastures.
- Understand pasture management procedures.
- Learn about manure management.
- Develop knowledge of nutritional issues.
- Understand different types of